Plan Now for Talent Shortages
A 2012 survey by Health Facilities Management and the American Society for Healthcare Engineering found that 40% of facility managers were older than 55. This is an increase from 35% in a 2009 survey. Retirements are ongoing and qualified replacements are difficult to find. ManpowerGroup’s annual Talent Shortage Survey 2015 reveals that 32% of US employers report difficulties filling job vacancies due to talent shortages. Globally, the percentage of employers experiencing difficulties continue to rise, increasing from 36% in 2014 to 38% in 2015.
The time is now to plan for talent shortage. Let’s make sure your next steps towards tackling talent shortages are education. Choose Gosselin/Martin Associates to lead you. Gosselin/Martin Associates will help you identify and develop internal talent now, and help you plan for the future. The benefits of working with Gosselin/Martin Associates on Succession Planning are:
- Firstly, meet with leadership teams prior to the start in order to assess their goals and objectives
- Secondly, meet with select employees and internal teams as requested
- Thirdly, utilize Succession Building Report Card to create employee-specific plans
- Fourthly, deliver on-going support and mentoring
Identify and Develop Internal Talent for Now and the Future
Seeking and hiring leadership talent that can perform the essential mechanical, electrical, and plumbing trades is increasingly difficult. Save time and money while avoiding costly employment gaps by identifying, developing, growing, and planning for future facility openings. Through the Succession Planning process we will:
- Firstly, identify competencies, skills, and success factors for key leadership positions
- Secondly, assess bench strength across the facility department, related to function
- Thirdly, evaluate the unique organizational culture and detail traits of successful employees
We will design and implement career development strategies for potential leaders. We will do so by using the Facilities Succession Planning Report Card. The Report Card will delve into those areas that require employee competence. For instance, we will evaluate technical and leadership areas related to the facilities function. Therefore, we will help you look specifically for the following:
Through the peopleBUILD Program, ongoing mentoring and support is a core component of the Succession Planning process. To learn more about the Succession Planning process and what Gosselin/Martin Associates can do for you, contact us today!
What our Clients Say
We deliver the expertise, the network, and the difference to find the right match and avoid a costly bad hire.