Healthcare Soft Skills Education Program
Gosselin/Martin Associates is pleased to offer our innovative Education Program, Beyond Competency: Health Facility Leadership Skills Development. Developed specifically for and targeted at health facilities management, it is unique in our industry
Beyond Competency is a soft skill development program. Beyond Competency is specifically for healthcare facility directors and managers. Soft skills are the cluster of skills related to emotional intelligence, communication, interpersonal skills, people management, and leadership. Above all, without effective soft skills, a director’s success in developing high-performing teams is unclear. As a result, communication and collaboration are mandatory.
Beyond Competency: The Skill Development to Perform
Facilities leadership faces an array of challenges from an industry in flux, including a graying and retiring workforce. Beyond Competency assists organization in developing existing leadership for the challenge of now and home-grown leadership for the challenge of the future. Clients often ask us before recruitment begins: “Can you find me an engineer who can communicate? I really need one.” That request is the genesis of Beyond Competency. Technical expertise is no longer enough. As a result, the ability to work collaboratively amidst staff and colleagues, projecting expertise and credibility, is integral.
For 14 years, Gosselin/Martin Associates has carved out a specialized niche as the country’s leading boutique recruiter. We provide healthcare facilities management talent for hospitals and systems. As a result, we are the only recruiter in the country focused solely on healthcare facility management. Gosselin/Martin Associates is uniquely qualified to develop and deliver Beyond Competency. As a result, Gosselin/Martin Associates’ years of hospital-specific work experience and recruiting is infused throughout the Beyond CompetencyProgram. Classic theories of leadership and development are presented via a facilities-centric prism.
Our Unique Differentiators
Our deep understanding of the facilities market comes from a combined 25+ years of experience in healthcare engineering and construction. We remain connected to the industry today. As a result, we have a variety of great qualifiers, such as:
- Firstly, interacting with facility directors, human resources leadership, and candidates on a daily basis through national recruitments. We know the skills required for success in facilities management because we discuss them with and find them for hospital leadership.
- Secondly, established working relationships with national and regional healthcare engineering society’s, including the American Society for Healthcare Engineers (ASHE) and the New England Society of Healthcare Engineers (NEHES).
- Thirdly, develop and present educational programs for ASHE on a national level and NEHES on a local level.
- Fourthly, healthcare facility director recruitment and education is our only business. Unlike other firms who specialize in a variety of disparate areas, we recruit for and educate in only one discipline: Hospital facilities leadership.
Learn Skills and Techniques to:
- Develop departments with employees motivated by organizational success.
- Create relationships with defined and aligned expectations and responsibilities.
- Use praise to motivate.
- Manage change.
- Avoid demotivational communication.
Beyond Competency Benefits Your Organization
- Customized to your organization.
- Adapted to your succession planning. Don’t have one? We will help you develop one.
- Offers ongoing mentoring post-seminar.
- Scalable to accommodate large groups of employees in a location of your choice.
- Assuring the development of existing and future leadership.
We do all of this by presenting attendees with real-world scenarios, engagement, and hands-on activities. In summation, for an in-depth description, visit our Education Curriculum page: Beyond Competency Curriculum
Beyond Competency has been a Great Success
Gosselin/Martin Associates is pleased to offer our innovative Education Program, Beyond Competency: Health Facility Leadership Skills Development. Developed specifically for and targeted at health facilities management, it is unique in our industry.
Contact Us Today!
Finding and hiring leadership talent is increasingly difficult. Save time and money while avoiding costly employment gaps. We provide the best solutions that match your needs!